Sunday, January 9, 2011

The start of something great

Gday mates, that's what they say here so thought I could bring a little of my new experience back home to all of you.  Well, my travels didn't go as well as I had hoped because I had an 8 hour layover in LAX stuck in the United Airlines terminal, which isn't very big.  I then finally got to board the plane at 9:30 or so and then me and 600 other passenger sat on the plane for 4 hours because of mechanical issues.  Then the airline decided that we would not be flying that evening so we all had to get off the airplane and get vouchers for a hotel room.  Well after an hour I got my voucher and they split all the passengers between two hotels.  So I stayed at the Hilton and had to wait in line for an additional 2 hours before I actually got a room and then I had to notify the Newcastle base as well as my ride from the airport and I got to bed about 5a.m. PT.  So you can imagine hot exhausting that was, however I then got to leave the next evening which is Saturday back in the states and I was able to arrive safely here at 6 a.m. Australian time, that is 12 p.m. back in the states and it also was already Monday here.  So I got to meet my leaders of my DTS and my 3 roommates and I already can tell that it is going to be amazing, because we have already connected with all of our sarcasm, which is a good thing in Australia.  Two of my roommates, Micheal and Matt, are from Australia and the other one, Daniel, is from California.  Upon arriving I was informed that a package had beat me here and was waiting for me.  I had a package full of candies, lollies here, and cards for each day of the week as well as a scrap book filled with memories of me and my girlfriend Rachel.  I am blessed to have her in my life and cannot wait to begin tomorrow here as it will be my first day in the Sports DTS program.  Well, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment